Systems Analyst (SQL DB Programming, BI & Reporting Skills)
No. Of Open Jobs – 1
Job Location – Tanzania, Dar-Es-Salaam
Systems Analyst is an individual contributor position within the Corporate Information Technology organization of a Tanzania based large conglomerate diversified into various businesses in Africa, Middle East & Asia. This position reports into General Manager-IT Applications of the group and the primary function is in the areas of SQL database development, support, administration & business intelligence based in Tanzania, Africa.
- Responsible for development, support, administration & maintenance of MS SQL Server databases.
- Monitor SQL server and database performance and proactively address potential performance issues.
- Work with the development & infrastructure team to resolve bug-fixes and assist in relevant testing through various environments.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and provide solutions to complex issues within an enterprise environment.
- SQL database programming and support.
- Data modeling, ETL & Report design and programming using business intelligence tools on SharePoint platform.
- Responsible for requirements gathering & analysis, planning and executing the same.
- Responsible for documentation, testing, delivering the application to the full satisfaction of the business requirements and needs and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Maintains a positive attitude, closely aligned working relationship with other peers & management, business leadership & operations teams.
- Publish weekly status report of the activities to the management.
- Graduate in Computer Applications or Engineering or equivalent.
- Total IT & MS SQL Server DB programming & SQL reports development experience anywhere between 5 to 8 years.
- Must possess hands-on experience in Microsoft SQL, business intelligence tools and development environments that include MS SQL Server, SQL Reporting Services, and SharePoint 2013 etc.
- Must be a good team player. Ability to act independently at times. Flexible to multiple demands with the ability to shift priorities.
- Overseas experience especially in Dubai/Middle East, and/or East Africa is preferred.
- Windows PowerShell Scripting & Active Directory knowledge is highly desirable.
- Must possess strong and impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Should be confident, presentable, knowledgeable and expert in conversation & interpersonal skills.
- Remuneration will be not be a constraint for the deserving candidate.
- The period of contract will be 2 years.
- Candidate shall be willing to relocate on Bachelor status.
- Full resume with embedded photograph along with details of date of birth, year of each qualification & experience is a must.
- A candidate who is ready to join immediately is preferred.
- The reference checks should be possible, preferable with last employer through official email ids of the employers and not through public domain email ids such as Yahoo, Gmail etc.